Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Book Deal

What a Thanksgiving gift.My seventh novel called OUT THERE has been excepted.
I just checked my email and this is what I recieved...

Dear Kevin Burton:

I am happy to inform you that PublishAmerica has decided to give your 
book the chance it deserves. We are offering to publish "Out There".

As this is an important moment, and an important message, please read 
this email completely from start to finish.

An email will follow this one with the sample contract attached for
your review. If you do not receive the email with the attached sample
contract in 24 hours, please contact me, so I can resend the document
via another method.

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have concerning the
contract. The main terms are that we will pay you climbing royalties
starting at 8%, you retain the copyright, and you also retain all
movie and audio rights. A symbolic advance underlines that all
financial risk is carried by the Publisher, as we firmly believe it should be.

We believe that a work is best served by keeping intact the author's
original intent and voice. That's why we require, after the contract
is signed, that the author submit a FINAL draft of his or her
manuscript. It needs to include all changes and revisions that the
author wants made. It will be the version that will go to print.

Upon receiving your e-mail in acceptance with the terms, we will
forward the final contract documents to you via email for your
signature. Along with your e-mail please include your legal name,
age, current address, telephone number and title of work as you would
like it to appear on the final contract.

All I can say is " Thank you Lord for you are truely blessing me and I
do recognize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment